1. PWR - PRESSURIZED WATER REACTORS
- these are reactors cooled & modulated by high pressure liquid water. they are the majority of current reactors, & are generally considered the safest & most reliable technology currently in large scale deployment, although 3 mile island is a reactor of this type. this is thermal neutron reactor design, the newest of which are Advanced Pressurized Water Reactor.
2. BWR - BOILING WATER REACTOR
- these are reactors cooled & moderated by water, under slighlty lower pressure. the water is allowed to boil in the reactor. the thermal; efficiency of these reactors are higher, simpler, potentially more stable & safe. these reactors make up a substantial of modern reactors. this is thermal neutron reactor design. the newest of Advanced Boiling Water Reactor & economic simplified boiling water reactor.
3. PHWR - PRESSURIZED HEAVY WATER REACTOR
- this is Canadian design, these reactors are heavy-water cooled & moderated pressurized water reactors, instead of using a single large pressure vessel as in a PWR, the fuel is contained in hundreds of pressure tubes. these reactors are fuelled with natural uranium & are thermal neutron design. PHWR can be refueled while at full power. this have been built in Canada, Argentina, China, India, Pakistan, Romania, South Africa.
4. RBMK - REAKTOR BOLSHOY MOSHCHNOSTI KANALNIY (high power channel reactor)
- a Soviet Union design , built to provide plutonium as well as power. RBMK are water cooled with a graphite moderator , are in some respects similar to CANDU in that they refuelable on-load & employ a pressure tube design instead of a PWR-style pressure vessel. RBMKs were very unstable & too large to have containment buildings making them dangerous in the case of accident.
THE CHERNOBYL PLANT HAS 4 RBMK REACTORS :
1. AGCR - Advanced Gas Cooled Reactor
2. GCR - Gas Cooled Reactor
4. Aqueous Homogeneous Reactor.
ADVANCED REACTORS :
- integral fast reactor
- pebble bed reactor
- high temperature gas cooled reactor
- SSTAR - small, sealed, transportable autonomous reactor.
- thorium based reactor
GENERTION IV REACTORS :
* gas cooled fast reactor
* lead cooled fast reactor
* moltan salt reactor
* sodium-cooled reactor
* super critical water reactor.
- ► 2015 (40)
- ► 2014 (83)
- ► 2013 (220)
- ► 2012 (76)
- ► 2011 (140)
- ► 2010 (525)
- ज्वाला-दिजू की जोड़ी ने इतिहास रचा
- Zero Inflation
- Khilafat and Non-Cooperation Movement
- चंद्रयान मिशन हुआ समाप्त
- Total view of India's military and foreign r...
- The burden of injustice
- Challenge of food inflation
- Colombo names new Foreign Secretary
- Union bill to make rain-water harvesting compulsor...
- Grid Computing.
- TERMS USED IN DIFFERENT GAMES & SPORTS
- TYPES OF WATER REACTORS
- Half of panchayat seats for women
- World record benchmark in solar energy by Australi...
- महिला आरक्षण विधेयक
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Review of Constitution
- Role of Gandhi in Independence Struggle
- निर्यात का 200 अरब का लक्ष्य निर्धारित
- Land Acquisition Act 1894
- Ashoka Chakra
- Domestic Voilence Act
- Population Geography and Transport
- Indian Army inducts first indigenous T-90 tanks
- Shorts Notes
- PLASTIC HAZARDS
- NATIONAL AGRICULTURAL INSURANCE SCHEME
- ROAD TO A RESPONSIBLE GOVERNMENT- History Notes
- Supreme Court of India
- Economic Terms
- National Savings Certificate (NSC)
- USOF-Universal Service Obligation Fund
- 12th Finance Commission Recommendations
- Structure of Indian Money Market
- What is Currency swap?
- What is SDR?
- What is PL 480 Programme?
- What are Participatory Notes or the P-Notes?
- Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management (FRBM
- Budget: Glossary of terms
- Functions Of RBI
- All about 123
- What is the greenhouse effect
- Fact Sheet : First In India (Female)
- Red corner notice
- Organizations listed as terrorist groups by India
- Public Interest Litigation(PIL)
- The Indian I.T. Act, Section 67-A
- QUIZ ON MAHATMA GANDHI
- Mughal India and Delhi Sultanat
- Vijaynagar Kingdom- points to remember
- SHORT NOTES-ECONOMY
- ISSUES INVOLVED IN IMPLEMENTING COMPULSORY PRIMARY...
- G-8 SUMMIT 2009
- MEGA FOOD PARK SCHEME
- The Pythian Games
- वेनेज़ुएला की सुंदरी बनी मिस यूनिवर्स
- AUGUST 23, 2009
- BANK JOBS
- PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK RECRUITMENT – PNB JOBS
- TEST YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
- An Essay: Legalising Prostitution in India
- An Essay: Corruption in India
- An Essay: Child Labour in India
- An Essay: Role of media in a democracy
- An Essay: Tsunami
- IAS negative marks: what to do
- How to prepare for indian polity mains
- Articles of the Constitution
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- Extracts fro...
- How to become an IAS/IPS officer?
- IAS Chat
- Legal Provisions for Protection and Conservation o...
- TAPPING SOLAR ENERGY
- Development and Promotion of Renewable Energy Sour...
- Foreign Direct Investment in India
- INDIA'S 'POWER': WEAKNESS=VIRTUE, STRENGTH=IMMORAL...
- CIVIL SERVICES BILL 2009
- Scam in power purchase : downside of privatisation...
- BRAVERY AWARDS
- विश्व नक्शे में आएगा भेड़ाघाट
- HOW MUCH RAMAYANA DO U KNOW
- Strategy For Sanskrit
- Press Trust of India
- Shah-Nanavati commission
- एशिया में खाद्यान्न संकट की चेतावनी
- श्रीलंका: विस्थापितों के हालात 'भयंकर'
- जलवायु परिवर्तन पर सख़्त चेतावनी
- भारत में 11 करोड़ और ग़रीब
- ▼ August (245)