Major Functions Of RBI
The RBI was established by passing "trasfer of public ownership Act" in Sep-1948 under which the ownership of
the bank was passed into the hands of the Government of India with effect from 1st january 1949.
The fuctions are classified into three heads,viz.,
A) Traditional functions
B) Promotional functions and
C) Supervisory functions. lets see the detailed accont in these heads.,
A) Traditional functions
1.Monopoly of currency notes issue
2.Banker to the Government(both the central and state)
3.Agent and advisor to the Government
4.Banker to the bankers
5.Acts as the clearing house of the country
6.Lender of the last resort
7.Custodian of the foreign exchange reserves
8.Maintaining the external value of domestic currency
9.Controller of forex and credit
10.Ensures the internal value of the currency
11.Publishes the Economic statistical data
12.Fight against economic crisis and ensures stability of Indian economy.
B) Promotional functions
1.Promotion of banking habit and expansion of banking systems.
2.Provides refinance for export promotion
3.Expansion of the facilities for the provision of the agricultural credit through NABARD
4.Extension of the facilities for the small scale industries
5.Helping the Co-operative sectors.
6.Prescribe the minimum statutory requirement.
7.Innovating the new banking business transactions.
C) Supervisory functions
1.Granting licence to Banks.
2.Inspects and makes enquiry or determine position in respect of matters under various sections of RBI
and Banking regulations
3.Implements Deposit insurence scheme
4.Periodical review of the work of the commercial banks
5.Giving directives to commercial banks
6.Control the non-banking finance corporation
7.Ensuring the health of financial system through on-site and off-site verification.
- ► 2015 (40)
- ► 2014 (83)
- ► 2013 (220)
- ► 2012 (76)
- ► 2011 (140)
- ► 2010 (525)
- ज्वाला-दिजू की जोड़ी ने इतिहास रचा
- Zero Inflation
- Khilafat and Non-Cooperation Movement
- चंद्रयान मिशन हुआ समाप्त
- Total view of India's military and foreign r...
- The burden of injustice
- Challenge of food inflation
- Colombo names new Foreign Secretary
- Union bill to make rain-water harvesting compulsor...
- Grid Computing.
- TERMS USED IN DIFFERENT GAMES & SPORTS
- TYPES OF WATER REACTORS
- Half of panchayat seats for women
- World record benchmark in solar energy by Australi...
- महिला आरक्षण विधेयक
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Review of Constitution
- Role of Gandhi in Independence Struggle
- निर्यात का 200 अरब का लक्ष्य निर्धारित
- Land Acquisition Act 1894
- Ashoka Chakra
- Domestic Voilence Act
- Population Geography and Transport
- Indian Army inducts first indigenous T-90 tanks
- Shorts Notes
- PLASTIC HAZARDS
- NATIONAL AGRICULTURAL INSURANCE SCHEME
- ROAD TO A RESPONSIBLE GOVERNMENT- History Notes
- Supreme Court of India
- Economic Terms
- National Savings Certificate (NSC)
- USOF-Universal Service Obligation Fund
- 12th Finance Commission Recommendations
- Structure of Indian Money Market
- What is Currency swap?
- What is SDR?
- What is PL 480 Programme?
- What are Participatory Notes or the P-Notes?
- Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management (FRBM
- Budget: Glossary of terms
- Functions Of RBI
- All about 123
- What is the greenhouse effect
- Fact Sheet : First In India (Female)
- Red corner notice
- Organizations listed as terrorist groups by India
- Public Interest Litigation(PIL)
- The Indian I.T. Act, Section 67-A
- QUIZ ON MAHATMA GANDHI
- Mughal India and Delhi Sultanat
- Vijaynagar Kingdom- points to remember
- SHORT NOTES-ECONOMY
- ISSUES INVOLVED IN IMPLEMENTING COMPULSORY PRIMARY...
- G-8 SUMMIT 2009
- MEGA FOOD PARK SCHEME
- The Pythian Games
- वेनेज़ुएला की सुंदरी बनी मिस यूनिवर्स
- AUGUST 23, 2009
- BANK JOBS
- PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK RECRUITMENT – PNB JOBS
- TEST YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
- An Essay: Legalising Prostitution in India
- An Essay: Corruption in India
- An Essay: Child Labour in India
- An Essay: Role of media in a democracy
- An Essay: Tsunami
- IAS negative marks: what to do
- How to prepare for indian polity mains
- Articles of the Constitution
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- Extracts fro...
- How to become an IAS/IPS officer?
- IAS Chat
- Legal Provisions for Protection and Conservation o...
- TAPPING SOLAR ENERGY
- Development and Promotion of Renewable Energy Sour...
- Foreign Direct Investment in India
- INDIA'S 'POWER': WEAKNESS=VIRTUE, STRENGTH=IMMORAL...
- CIVIL SERVICES BILL 2009
- Scam in power purchase : downside of privatisation...
- BRAVERY AWARDS
- विश्व नक्शे में आएगा भेड़ाघाट
- HOW MUCH RAMAYANA DO U KNOW
- Strategy For Sanskrit
- Press Trust of India
- Shah-Nanavati commission
- एशिया में खाद्यान्न संकट की चेतावनी
- श्रीलंका: विस्थापितों के हालात 'भयंकर'
- जलवायु परिवर्तन पर सख़्त चेतावनी
- भारत में 11 करोड़ और ग़रीब
- ▼ August (245)