Putty Putty Capital:The capital which can be transformed into durable goods and then can be brought back to flexible capital again.
Amortization:The running down or payment of a loan by installments. An example is a repayment mortgage on a house, which is amortized by making monthly payments that over a pre-agreed period of time
Autarky:The idea that a country should be self-sufficient and not take part in international trade. The experience of countries that have pursued this Utopian ideal by substituting domestic production for imports is an unhappy one.
Backwardation:When a commodity is valued more highly in a spot market (that is, when it is for delivery today) than in a futures market (for delivery at some point in the future).
Economic Cannibalism:Firms are reluctant to produce new articles in place of an already existing one which is doing good in market as that would cannibalize business or eat one's own business.
Catch Up Effect:In any period, the economies of countries that start off poor generally grow faster than the economies of countries that start off rich. As a result, the NATIONAL INCOME of poor countries usually catches up with the national income of rich countries. New technology may even allow DEVELOPING COUNTRIES to leap-frog over industrialized countries with older technology. This, at least, is the traditional economic theory. In recent years, there has been considerable debate about the extent and speed of convergence in reality.
Complimentary goods:Goods without which some other goods can not function.Example-a computer can not run without software.
Crony Capitalism:Economic nepotism.Form of corruption.Giving financial benefits to near and dear ones.
CAPM:Capital; Asset Pricing Model.Valuing assets to calculate capital.Needed for safe investment.
Gearing:A company's debt expressed as a percentage of its equity.Also known as leverage.
Gini Coefficient:An inequality indicator. The Gini coefficient measures the inequality of income distribution within a country. It varies from zero, which indicates perfect equality, with every household earning exactly the same, to one, which implies absolute inequality, with a single household earning a country's entire income. Latin America is the world's most unequal region, with a Gini coefficient of around 0.5; in rich countries the figure is closer to 0.3.
- ► 2015 (40)
- ► 2014 (83)
- ► 2013 (220)
- ► 2012 (76)
- ► 2011 (140)
- ► 2010 (525)
- ज्वाला-दिजू की जोड़ी ने इतिहास रचा
- Zero Inflation
- Khilafat and Non-Cooperation Movement
- चंद्रयान मिशन हुआ समाप्त
- Total view of India's military and foreign r...
- The burden of injustice
- Challenge of food inflation
- Colombo names new Foreign Secretary
- Union bill to make rain-water harvesting compulsor...
- Grid Computing.
- TERMS USED IN DIFFERENT GAMES & SPORTS
- TYPES OF WATER REACTORS
- Half of panchayat seats for women
- World record benchmark in solar energy by Australi...
- महिला आरक्षण विधेयक
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Review of Constitution
- Role of Gandhi in Independence Struggle
- निर्यात का 200 अरब का लक्ष्य निर्धारित
- Land Acquisition Act 1894
- Ashoka Chakra
- Domestic Voilence Act
- Population Geography and Transport
- Indian Army inducts first indigenous T-90 tanks
- Shorts Notes
- PLASTIC HAZARDS
- NATIONAL AGRICULTURAL INSURANCE SCHEME
- ROAD TO A RESPONSIBLE GOVERNMENT- History Notes
- Supreme Court of India
- Economic Terms
- National Savings Certificate (NSC)
- USOF-Universal Service Obligation Fund
- 12th Finance Commission Recommendations
- Structure of Indian Money Market
- What is Currency swap?
- What is SDR?
- What is PL 480 Programme?
- What are Participatory Notes or the P-Notes?
- Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management (FRBM
- Budget: Glossary of terms
- Functions Of RBI
- All about 123
- What is the greenhouse effect
- Fact Sheet : First In India (Female)
- Red corner notice
- Organizations listed as terrorist groups by India
- Public Interest Litigation(PIL)
- The Indian I.T. Act, Section 67-A
- QUIZ ON MAHATMA GANDHI
- Mughal India and Delhi Sultanat
- Vijaynagar Kingdom- points to remember
- SHORT NOTES-ECONOMY
- ISSUES INVOLVED IN IMPLEMENTING COMPULSORY PRIMARY...
- G-8 SUMMIT 2009
- MEGA FOOD PARK SCHEME
- The Pythian Games
- वेनेज़ुएला की सुंदरी बनी मिस यूनिवर्स
- AUGUST 23, 2009
- BANK JOBS
- PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK RECRUITMENT – PNB JOBS
- TEST YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
- An Essay: Legalising Prostitution in India
- An Essay: Corruption in India
- An Essay: Child Labour in India
- An Essay: Role of media in a democracy
- An Essay: Tsunami
- IAS negative marks: what to do
- How to prepare for indian polity mains
- Articles of the Constitution
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- Extracts fro...
- How to become an IAS/IPS officer?
- IAS Chat
- Legal Provisions for Protection and Conservation o...
- TAPPING SOLAR ENERGY
- Development and Promotion of Renewable Energy Sour...
- Foreign Direct Investment in India
- INDIA'S 'POWER': WEAKNESS=VIRTUE, STRENGTH=IMMORAL...
- CIVIL SERVICES BILL 2009
- Scam in power purchase : downside of privatisation...
- BRAVERY AWARDS
- विश्व नक्शे में आएगा भेड़ाघाट
- HOW MUCH RAMAYANA DO U KNOW
- Strategy For Sanskrit
- Press Trust of India
- Shah-Nanavati commission
- एशिया में खाद्यान्न संकट की चेतावनी
- श्रीलंका: विस्थापितों के हालात 'भयंकर'
- जलवायु परिवर्तन पर सख़्त चेतावनी
- भारत में 11 करोड़ और ग़रीब
- ▼ August (245)