|QUESTION ||ANSWER ||MORE INFO |
|In which year was Mahatma Gandhi born?||1869||Mahatma Gandhi was born on 2nd October 1869 in a town called Porbandar in Gujarat.|
|In which year did Gandhi become a lawyer?||1891||Gandhi arrived in England in 1888. He became a lawyer in 1891 and returned to India.|
|In which year did the famous Dandi March take place?||1930||The Dandi March was a protest against the tax that the British had imposed on salt.|
|In which year was the Quit India Movement launched?||1942||Gandhi protested against the British dividing India into India and Pakistan. Gandhi believed that if the British left India, the Hindus and Muslims could live in peace. So, he launched the Quit India Movement in 1942.|
|When did India gain independence?||15th August 1947||India gained independence on the 15th of August in 1947.|
|In which year did Gandhi die?||1948||Gandhi died on 30th January 1948.|
|By which name was Gandhi lovingly called by his countrymen?||Bapu||All Indians respected Gandhi and fondly called him 'Bapu' or 'Father of the Nation'.|
|Where did Gandhi go to study law?||England||Gandhi was sent to England to study law after he spent a year in college.|
|Where was Mahatma Gandhi born?||Gujarat||Mahatma Gandhi was born in a town called Porbandar in Gujarat on 2nd October 1869.|
|Gandhi founded an ashram in _______.||Gujarat||Gandhi welcomed all people poor or rich to join the ashram. They had to support themselves by working with their hands and spinning their own cloth in their houses.|
|Gandhi called the people of lower castes by this name:||Harijans||Gandhi believed in equality of all mankind whether they belonged to the higher caste or the lower caste. He fought for the rights of the low caste people and tried to put an end to inequality. 'Harijans' means the people of God|
|Whom did Gandhi marry?||Kasturba||Gandhi married Kasturba at the age of thirteen when still in high school.|
|What was Gandhi's full name?||Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi|
|Which book did Gandhi write?||My Experiments with Truth|
|Who shot Gandhi?||Nathuram Godse||Gandhi was shot when he was on his way to a prayer meeting by Nathuram Godse.|
|Gandhi preached and believed in 'Ahimsa' which means:||Non-violence|
|"The light has gone out of our lives...".Who said this on Gandhi's death?||Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru||Gandhi's death was a sad thing that happened to the Indians who saw darkness everywhere. The entire nation wept for their 'Bapu'.|
|The word 'Harijans' means:||the people of God||The low caste people were called untouchables by the higher caste people. Gandhi supported these neglected people and proved they were equal in all ways by living and eating with them.|
|Where did Gandhi spend his childhood?||Porbandar||Gandhi spend his childhood in Porbandar in Gujarat. When he was seven years old, his father shifted to a place called Rajkot, also in Gujarat.|
|When the British were asked to leave India, what was the movement called?||Quit India Movement||Gandhi believed that if the British left India, the Hindus and Muslims could live in peace. Gandhi protested against the British dividing India into India and Pakistan.|
|Where did Gandhi set up his office to practise as a lawyer?||Rajkot||Gandhi returned to India after he became a lawyer in 1891. He set up his office at a place called Rajkot in Gujarat to practise as a lawyer.|
|In which foreign land did Gandhi fight for the rights of his countrymen?||South Africa||Gandhi observed the injustice and bad treatment meted out by the whites in Africa to Indians and Africans with dark skin. He was hurt and fought for the equality and rights of these people.|
|At what age did Gandhi marry?||thirteen||Gandhi married Kasturba at the age of thirteen when still in high school.|
|Whenever Gandhi was against anything, he _______.||went on a fast||Gandhi was peace-loving hence he avoided violent measures. He rather spoke to the people and gave hope to them.|
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
- ► 2015 (40)
- ► 2014 (83)
- ► 2013 (220)
- ► 2012 (76)
- ► 2011 (140)
- ► 2010 (525)
- ज्वाला-दिजू की जोड़ी ने इतिहास रचा
- Zero Inflation
- Khilafat and Non-Cooperation Movement
- चंद्रयान मिशन हुआ समाप्त
- Total view of India's military and foreign r...
- The burden of injustice
- Challenge of food inflation
- Colombo names new Foreign Secretary
- Union bill to make rain-water harvesting compulsor...
- Grid Computing.
- TERMS USED IN DIFFERENT GAMES & SPORTS
- TYPES OF WATER REACTORS
- Half of panchayat seats for women
- World record benchmark in solar energy by Australi...
- महिला आरक्षण विधेयक
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Review of Constitution
- Role of Gandhi in Independence Struggle
- निर्यात का 200 अरब का लक्ष्य निर्धारित
- Land Acquisition Act 1894
- Ashoka Chakra
- Domestic Voilence Act
- Population Geography and Transport
- Indian Army inducts first indigenous T-90 tanks
- Shorts Notes
- PLASTIC HAZARDS
- NATIONAL AGRICULTURAL INSURANCE SCHEME
- ROAD TO A RESPONSIBLE GOVERNMENT- History Notes
- Supreme Court of India
- Economic Terms
- National Savings Certificate (NSC)
- USOF-Universal Service Obligation Fund
- 12th Finance Commission Recommendations
- Structure of Indian Money Market
- What is Currency swap?
- What is SDR?
- What is PL 480 Programme?
- What are Participatory Notes or the P-Notes?
- Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management (FRBM
- Budget: Glossary of terms
- Functions Of RBI
- All about 123
- What is the greenhouse effect
- Fact Sheet : First In India (Female)
- Red corner notice
- Organizations listed as terrorist groups by India
- Public Interest Litigation(PIL)
- The Indian I.T. Act, Section 67-A
- QUIZ ON MAHATMA GANDHI
- Mughal India and Delhi Sultanat
- Vijaynagar Kingdom- points to remember
- SHORT NOTES-ECONOMY
- ISSUES INVOLVED IN IMPLEMENTING COMPULSORY PRIMARY...
- G-8 SUMMIT 2009
- MEGA FOOD PARK SCHEME
- The Pythian Games
- वेनेज़ुएला की सुंदरी बनी मिस यूनिवर्स
- AUGUST 23, 2009
- BANK JOBS
- PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK RECRUITMENT – PNB JOBS
- TEST YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
- An Essay: Legalising Prostitution in India
- An Essay: Corruption in India
- An Essay: Child Labour in India
- An Essay: Role of media in a democracy
- An Essay: Tsunami
- IAS negative marks: what to do
- How to prepare for indian polity mains
- Articles of the Constitution
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- Extracts fro...
- How to become an IAS/IPS officer?
- IAS Chat
- Legal Provisions for Protection and Conservation o...
- TAPPING SOLAR ENERGY
- Development and Promotion of Renewable Energy Sour...
- Foreign Direct Investment in India
- INDIA'S 'POWER': WEAKNESS=VIRTUE, STRENGTH=IMMORAL...
- CIVIL SERVICES BILL 2009
- Scam in power purchase : downside of privatisation...
- BRAVERY AWARDS
- विश्व नक्शे में आएगा भेड़ाघाट
- HOW MUCH RAMAYANA DO U KNOW
- Strategy For Sanskrit
- Press Trust of India
- Shah-Nanavati commission
- एशिया में खाद्यान्न संकट की चेतावनी
- श्रीलंका: विस्थापितों के हालात 'भयंकर'
- जलवायु परिवर्तन पर सख़्त चेतावनी
- भारत में 11 करोड़ और ग़रीब
- ▼ August (245)