Government of the Union (
Article (52-151) deals with: Executive, legislature, union judiciary and CAG.
The Union executive in India consists of President, the Vice-President, the council of ministers and the Attorney General of India.
Electroral Procedure: It consists of elected members of the two houses of Parliament and elected members of all the SLA.
Value of vote of an MLA= (Population of the state)/Elected members of SLA X 1000
Value of vote of an MP= No of votes assigned to all MLA/ Total no of elected MPs
Election of president should be done by a secret ballot and based on a system of proportional representation by means of a single transferable vote.
Art 56: President term is 5 years. His term may terminate either by
-Resignation in writing to VP of India
Qualification: -Citizen of India
- 35 years of age
- Be qualified for election as member of LS
- Must not hold any office of profit.
President should not be a member of either house of parliament or a house of any state legislature. Salary 50,000 per month. Pension 3 Lakh/year
- Either house may start the procedure.
- Can be brought not less than 2/3 of the total membership of the house.
- Also to be passed by at least 2/3 of the members.
Vacancy: - Due to some unnatural cause then
- Chief- Justice of India
- Senior- Most member of the SC.
The term ‘Executive Power’, actually refers to the power exercised by the council of Ministers in the name of the President.
The Vice President
- Vide Article 63
- Election: By an electoral collage of members of two houses of Parliament
- Qualification: Identical as of president of India except the candidate should be qualified to be a member of the Rajya Sabha.
- Term , Emoluments: 5 years. May terminate by resignation or by removal.
- Gets a salary of 40,000 Rs. Per month
- Functions as Ex-officio chairman of Rajya Sabha ( Article 64)
- ► 2015 (40)
- ► 2014 (83)
- ► 2013 (220)
- ► 2012 (76)
- ► 2011 (140)
- ► 2010 (525)
- ज्वाला-दिजू की जोड़ी ने इतिहास रचा
- Zero Inflation
- Khilafat and Non-Cooperation Movement
- चंद्रयान मिशन हुआ समाप्त
- Total view of India's military and foreign r...
- The burden of injustice
- Challenge of food inflation
- Colombo names new Foreign Secretary
- Union bill to make rain-water harvesting compulsor...
- Grid Computing.
- TERMS USED IN DIFFERENT GAMES & SPORTS
- TYPES OF WATER REACTORS
- Half of panchayat seats for women
- World record benchmark in solar energy by Australi...
- महिला आरक्षण विधेयक
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Review of Constitution
- Role of Gandhi in Independence Struggle
- निर्यात का 200 अरब का लक्ष्य निर्धारित
- Land Acquisition Act 1894
- Ashoka Chakra
- Domestic Voilence Act
- Population Geography and Transport
- Indian Army inducts first indigenous T-90 tanks
- Shorts Notes
- PLASTIC HAZARDS
- NATIONAL AGRICULTURAL INSURANCE SCHEME
- ROAD TO A RESPONSIBLE GOVERNMENT- History Notes
- Supreme Court of India
- Economic Terms
- National Savings Certificate (NSC)
- USOF-Universal Service Obligation Fund
- 12th Finance Commission Recommendations
- Structure of Indian Money Market
- What is Currency swap?
- What is SDR?
- What is PL 480 Programme?
- What are Participatory Notes or the P-Notes?
- Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management (FRBM
- Budget: Glossary of terms
- Functions Of RBI
- All about 123
- What is the greenhouse effect
- Fact Sheet : First In India (Female)
- Red corner notice
- Organizations listed as terrorist groups by India
- Public Interest Litigation(PIL)
- The Indian I.T. Act, Section 67-A
- QUIZ ON MAHATMA GANDHI
- Mughal India and Delhi Sultanat
- Vijaynagar Kingdom- points to remember
- SHORT NOTES-ECONOMY
- ISSUES INVOLVED IN IMPLEMENTING COMPULSORY PRIMARY...
- G-8 SUMMIT 2009
- MEGA FOOD PARK SCHEME
- The Pythian Games
- वेनेज़ुएला की सुंदरी बनी मिस यूनिवर्स
- AUGUST 23, 2009
- BANK JOBS
- PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK RECRUITMENT – PNB JOBS
- TEST YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
- An Essay: Legalising Prostitution in India
- An Essay: Corruption in India
- An Essay: Child Labour in India
- An Essay: Role of media in a democracy
- An Essay: Tsunami
- IAS negative marks: what to do
- How to prepare for indian polity mains
- Articles of the Constitution
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- Extracts fro...
- How to become an IAS/IPS officer?
- IAS Chat
- Legal Provisions for Protection and Conservation o...
- TAPPING SOLAR ENERGY
- Development and Promotion of Renewable Energy Sour...
- Foreign Direct Investment in India
- INDIA'S 'POWER': WEAKNESS=VIRTUE, STRENGTH=IMMORAL...
- CIVIL SERVICES BILL 2009
- Scam in power purchase : downside of privatisation...
- BRAVERY AWARDS
- विश्व नक्शे में आएगा भेड़ाघाट
- HOW MUCH RAMAYANA DO U KNOW
- Strategy For Sanskrit
- Press Trust of India
- Shah-Nanavati commission
- एशिया में खाद्यान्न संकट की चेतावनी
- श्रीलंका: विस्थापितों के हालात 'भयंकर'
- जलवायु परिवर्तन पर सख़्त चेतावनी
- भारत में 11 करोड़ और ग़रीब
- ▼ August (245)