1. Who has been appointed as the Chief of the Indian Air Force with effect from the afternoon of May 31, 2009?
Air Marshal Pradeep Vasant Naik
2. Who is appointed as the first woman Speaker of the Lok Sabha in 2009?
3. Who was elected as BJP's Parliamentary party leader after the recent elections in 2009?
L K Advani
4. Noted Malayalam writer and poetess, who earned fame for her works in English, passed away recently, leaving behind a rich treasure of poems and stories of love?
Kamala Das (also known as Kamala Surayya)
5. In which state FIFA will set up Soccer Academy for the first time in India?
6. Which team won the French League title for the first time since 1999.
7. Which country’s air jet vanished over the Atlantic Ocean carrying 216 passengers and 12 crew members after flying into a strong thunderstorm over the Atlantic Ocean and signaling it had an electric problem?
Air France Flight 447, an Airbus A330, carrying 228 people from Rio de Janeiro to Paris vanished over the Atlantic Ocean and no one survived.
8. American President Barack Obama recently ushered the second car giant of the world into bankruptcy protection and put the government behind the wheel of the company ?
General Motors Corp
9. Scottish singing sensation, who rose to fame on reality show “Britain’s Got Talent” but lost to dance group Diversity in the final, was admitted to a private clinic for treatment for exhaustion (emotional breakdown)?
10. The last survivor of the legendary ocean liner Titanic, which sank on its maiden voyage in April 1912 after striking an iceberg in the North Atlantic?
She aged 97 who died in England recently earlier known as Elizabeth Gladys Dean
11. Former senior diplomat who has been appointed as Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's special adviser for nonproliferation and arms control?
Robert J. Einhorn
13. Organization of American States (OAS) recently agreed to lift the ban on a country after 47 years? Which is that country?
14. Defence Minister of Australia who resigned recently, after saying he did not fully comply with the ministerial code of conduct.
15. American Actor who has been found dead in a Bangkok hotel room, whose extensive record of on-screen appearances included the movie Kill Bill and the TV show Kung Fu, was apparently found in a closet with a cord around his neck and around parts of his body?
16. Grammy Award winner, who dubbed the “Queen of the Blues,” died recently in her native Chicago following complications from her May 19th surgery for gastrointestinal bleeding?
17. Who is appointed as the new Home Secretary of India ?
G.K. Pillai (Gopal Krishna Pillai)
18. The J.C. Daniel Award for 2008 instituted by Kerala Government is won by?
K. Ravindranathan Nair, popularly known as General Pictures Ravi.
19. Who is appointed as the General Manager of State Bank of India, Kerala Circle?
20. Presidential candidate and minister in Guinea-Bissau who was shot dead when armed men stormed into his house?
21. Who is the leader of the Indian Arctic expedition team?
22. Who wins French Open women's singles title 2009?
Svetlana Kuznetsova She won her second Grand Slam title beating top-ranked Dinara Safina 6-4, 6-2 in the French Open final.
23. Which country becomes the first nation other than the hosts to qualify for the 2010 World Cup Football in South Africa after they beat Uzbekistan 1-0?
24. Indian scientists recently have cloned the world’s second buffalo just three months after the first one died of pneumonia within a week of birth. What is the name of that buffalo?
The calf, named Garima, was born at 11 a.m. at the National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI), Karnal, and weighed 43 kg. The first cloned buffalo was born on February 6.
25. Who has won Formula One's Turkish Grand Prix ?
He won the Turkish Grand Prix for his sixth victory in seven Formula One Car races.
26. Who wins French Open Men's Singletitle 2009?
Roger Fedrer defeated Robin Soderling in straight sets [6-1, 7-6, 6-4] to clinch the 2009 French Open Men’s Single title at Roland Garro
Roger Federer has become the second man, after Pete Sampras to win the maximum number of Grand Slams.
Roger Federer is the first man since Andre Agassi to win all 4 Grand Slams and 6th player to do so. Ironically, this is Federer’s first win at the French Open.
27. CPI-M leader and Party State Secretary of Kerala who is included in the charge sheet filed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) as one of the eight accused in the Rs.300 crore (Rs.3 billion) SNC Lavalin corruption scam?
The Kerala state governor R S Gavai has allowed the prosecution proceedings against Pinarayi vijayan who was the power minister in the E K Nayanar cabinet during 1996.
28. Eminent playwright and theatre artist, one of the greatest stalwarts of the Indian stage, was known for blending theatre, folk art and poetry in his works, died of a heart attack in a city hospital in Bhopal recently?
29. Who was unanimously elected as the new Deputy Speaker of Lok Sabha by a voice vote?
30. Which country has become the world's second biggest military spender behind the United States of America(U.S.A)?
31. Who is appointed as Australia’s next High Commissioner to India?
32. Who has been appointed as the managing director of Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited?
33. Mohun Bagan, one of the oldest football club of India recently suspended its captain for six months from playing for the club, citing "violation of rules and regulations”. Name that captain ?
34. Which oil company decided to pay compensation to late Nigerian writer Ken Saro Wiwa’s family and those of the other eight Ogoni leaders executed along with him in 1995 by the late General Sani Abacha military junta?
Royal Dutch Shell
35. Which word is selected as the millionth word of the English Language?
"Web 2.0" refers to what is perceived as a second generation of web development and web design. It is characterized as facilitating communication, information sharing, interoperability, user-centered design and collaboration on the World Wide Web. The term "Web 2.0" was coined by Darcy DiNucci in her article "Fragmented Future,"
36. Name the Jamaican sprinter who won the Laureus World Sportsman of the Year award for his record-breaking performance in the Beijing Olympics.
37. Name the Portuguese footballer and Manchester United winger who set a world record transfer fee of 80 million pound (130 million U.S. dollars) as he signed a six-year deal with Real Madrid Club ?
38. Which is the 112th element on the Periodic table?
Ununbium, element 112, has recently been added to the periodic table,
Ununbium was first created on February 9, 1996 by Sigurd Hofmann at the Centre for Heavy Ion Research in Darmstadt, Germany.Ununbium is not the element's official name; the temporary moniker was given by IUPAC (International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry) and comes from "ununbi", or "one one two" in Latin.
39. Which Foreign university conferred Former Indian President A P J Abdul Kalam with honorary Doctorate of Laws for distinction in public service?
Queen’s University Belfast, a prominent varsity based in Northern Ireland
40. Japanese Internal Affairs and Communications Minister who decided to resign over a conflict about the reappointment of the president of government-owned Japan Post, Yoshifumi Nishikawa?
41. Senior Nepali Congress leader and the country’s first deputy woman Prime Minister who had been suffering from pneumonia and Alzheimer’s died recently at the age of 65 ?
42. Newly elected President of Iran ?
43. A 136-year-old stamped envelope known to collectors as "The Ice House Cover" carries a rare stamp of former American President. Name that President?
It was stolen from an Indiana collector in 1967, surfaced 39 years later in Chicago and was sold at auction by the Robert A. Siegel Auction Galleries, Inc., in New York.
45. Who are the champions of 63rd Santosh Trophy Football title?
Goa defeated 29 time champions West Bengal by 2-4 in the final
46. Who won the WinWInD Golden Boot Award for the Top scorer
P. C. Riju (Striker, Tamil Nadu)
47. Player of the Tournament of Santosh Trophy?
P. Muthu (Striker, Tamil Nadu)
48. Which team won the Fair-play Award of Santosh Trophy ?
49. Which is the most commonly misspelt word in the English language, according to a new study by market research company www.OnePoll.com?
Flummoxed people regularly writing it as "definately".
The Top 10 most commonly misspelt words in the study by www.OnePoll.com were:
1 Definitely (Definately);
2 Sacrilegious (Sacreligious);
3 Indict (Indite);
4 Manoeuvre (Maneouvre);
5 Bureaucracy ( Beaurocracy);
6 Broccoli (Brocolli);
7 Phlegm (Phleghm);
8 Prejudice ( Predjudice);
9 Consensus (Conscensus);
10 Unnecessary (Unecessary).
50. America's new army chief in Afghanistan over to run the war in Afghanistan under fire over abusive treatment and interrogation of detainees in Iraq, according to human rights investigators.
Gen Stanley MacChrystal
51. Bollywood actor who has been detained after having been accused of rape by his maid servant aged 19?
52. The Chinese waitress who stabbed to death a communist party official Deng Guida, who was trying to rape her, has been released recently by a court in Hubei province in China?
53. Mogadishu's(Somalia) police chief, , who was killed when government forces attempted to dislodge the insurgents from positions in south Mogadishu?
Colonel Ali Saed
54. Somalia's Security Minister who has been killed in a suicide car bomb attack north of the capital Mogadishu?
Omar Hashi Aden
55. Name the Kathakali maestro who excelled in depicting women characters in classical theatre, has been selected for the Kerala government’s highest award for Kathakali artistes which carrying a cash award of Rs one lakh and a citation ?
56. The IPL coach of Kolkata Knight Riders who was expelled by the team management after their team’s poor performance in the second IPL?
57. Chelsea striker who has been bannedby European football body UEFA for 6 years for his Champions League semi-final outburst?
58. Who is elected as the new President of Abu Dhabi’s prestigious India Social & Culture Centre (ISCC)?
Y. Sudhir Kumar Shetty
59. The sarod maestro who died recently in San Francisco, following a prolonged kidney ailment?
Ustad Ali Akbar Khan
60. Who has been chosen by the legendary sports stars of the Laureus World Sports Aacdemy as the 2009 Laureus World Comeback of the Year?
'King of the Ring’ Vitali Klitschko
61. The world's oldest man, who has died at his home in southern Japan on June 19, 2009 at the age of 113?
62. Champions of ICC 20-20 Cricket World cup?
Paksitan, they beat Sri Lanka in the final
Man of the match in the final: Shahid Afridi
Man of the series: Tilakaratne Dilshan
63. Who won ICC 20-20 Women’s World cup?
England, they beat New Zealand in the final
Player of the Match: Katherine Brunt.
Player of the Series: Claire Taylor
64. “Satyam Computers” now renamed by Tech Mahindra as:
65. Ace woman shuttler who scripted history by becoming the first Indian to win a Super Series tournament after clinched the Indonesian Open title with a stunning victory over higher ranked Chinese Lin Wang in Jakarta?
66. The island which expanded its powers of self-rule on its national day in a move many residents see as a step toward independence from Denmark?
67. Who is appointed as captain of Bangladesh Cricket Team for the forthcoming tours of West Indies and Zimbabwe?
Shakib Al Hasan, the world's No.1 allrounder in ODIs, has been named the vice-captain.
68. Who is appointed as the new governor of Karnataka ?
Hans Raj Bhardwaj
69. Which country won bronze medal in the light-weight women's Quadruple Sculls in the World Cup 2, held at Munich (Germany)?
70. Who is the New Chief Minister of Uttarakhand
Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
71. Who is appointed as the Chairman of National Authority for Unique Identity?
Nandan Nilekani, the Infosys Chief
72. Who is appointed as the United States Special Representative to Muslim Communiites by the Obama administration ?
73. Greek musician Yanni, who dedicated his new song 'Changes' to a Bollywood actress.Who is she ?
74. The second statue of India's independence hero Mahatma Gandhi is unveiled in a country recently. Where is it?
Britain. (Leicester in southeast England)
75. Pop Sensation who died of lethal levels of potent medicines and drugs at the age of 50?
76. One of the pioneers of women’s studies in India, died recently , who set up India’s first Research Centre for Women’s Studies at SNDT Women’s University and served as its first director ?
Dr Neera Desai
77. An emerging Indian-American leader in California who has been selected for the prestigious White House Fellow for the year 2009-2010?
78. Who is the new prime minister of Lebanon?
79. Popular Malayalam Film Director and one of the best scriptwriters that Malayalam cinema ever produced, died recently?
80. which country won the inaugural Women’s Champions Challenge II hockey title with a thumping 6-3 win over Belgium in the final?
India (Rani Rampal of India hit 4 goals in the final)
81. Class 11 student of Kerala who won a silver medal at the World School Athletics championship held in Estonia in northern Europe.
Binish K. Shaji
82. Which country won the Confederations Cup football title of 2009?
Brazil. They beat the United States 3-2 and win the Confederations Cup for the third time.
83. Who wins Golden Ball as Confederations Cup best player?
Kaka, Brazilian midfielder
84. Only three Indian greats who figure in the International Cricket Council's 55-strong Hall of Fame list, which has 22 Englishmen?
Left-arm spin wizard Bishen Singh Bedi ,
Prolific opener Sunil Gavaskar
Champion all-rounder Kapil Dev