KUALA LUMPUR: As many as 13 Indian companies, including Reliance Industries, Infosys Technologies and Tata Steel, have made it to the list of Forbes’ 50 best-listed companies in the Asia-Pacific region.
"Our list is a mix of giant, established companies — this year that list includes Australian miner BHP Billiton, Hong Kong conglomerate Noble Group and Indian oil and gas heavyweight Reliance Industries — and smaller outfits such as Agile property Holdings, Anhui Conch Cement and digital China Holdings,” Forbes Asia said in a statement.
In the Forbes list, there are four Indian entities — Reliance Industries, Bharti Airtel, Infosys Technologies and Tata Consultancy Services — among the top ten firms in terms of market value.
Reliance Industries and Tata Steel feature in the top ten league in terms of sales.
The Indian league has four newcomers this year.
They are: Adani Enterprises, Axis Bank, Jindal Steel & Power and Tata Consultancy Services.
Among the Indian firms returning to the list include Bharat Heavy Electricals, Larsen & Toubro and Reliance Industries.
China has again outdone the rest of Asia Pacific with the most number of firms (16) represented in the league.
“The mainland firms together with five from Taiwan and three from Hong Kong account for almost half of the entries, giving Greater China the biggest regional representation on the list,” Forbes said.
Taiwan moved up the ranking this year and is in the third place with five companies on the list, all of which are from the technology sector. Japan and Australia share the fourth place with four companies each on the list.
The list included companies that have revenue and market capitalisation of at least $3 billion and a five-year record of operating profitability and return on equity.
The other criteria for being in the list include long-term profitability, sales and earnings growth, stock price appreciation, projects earnings, quality of management and entrepreneurial skills. — PTI
Home » Asia » BITS » current affairs » gk » indian economy » 13 Indian firms make it to the Forbes Asia list
- ► 2015 (40)
- ► 2014 (83)
- ► 2013 (220)
- ► 2012 (76)
- ► 2011 (140)
- ► 2010 (525)
- India and Denmark sign MoU on Labour Mobility Part...
- India Releases Guidelines for Sustaining the Himal...
- Gram Nyayalaya Act 2008 to come into effect from O...
- Govt plans to set up 4 spy schools
- Committee watch
- Hmm watch this
- Hmm watch this
- Sunday Dhamaka (Watch inspirational videos)
- MUST watch
- Chronology of Ancient Indian History
- Some Appointments this year
- How to read newspaper
- guide to G-20 communique
- IAF Inducts Rapid Action Mobile Medical Hospital
- Pharma exports up by 29% in 2008-09
- Target of 80 lakh tonne additional foodgrains fixe...
- National Mission on Monuments and Antiquities and ...
- Ms. K. Sujatha Rao to be Secretary Health & Family...
- Habitable moons 'could to be spotted by 2014
- Full Text of PM’s Remarks at the G-20 Meeting at P...
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Awards 2009 announced
- CONSTITUTION OF INDIA
- GK bits
- special - Maoists: We control 5,000 villages
- Indian Geography useful notes
- Trial of INA
- Sign akin to Indus Valley found in Kerala
- The ABC of N-subs
- Chronology of Modern Indian History
- Fundamental rights which are involved in the issue...
- General knowledge quiz (25 Q)
- Bhadant Anand Kauslayayan (Personality watch)
- IFS (origin,whereabouts,then,now)
- News Watch (with NDTV)
- रमेश कुमार ने इतिहास रचा
- परमाणु अप्रसार पर प्रस्ताव पारित
- Haier appoints new India head
- mjunction launches coal spot price index
- 13 Indian firms make it to the Forbes Asia list
- New INS chief
- Indian payload helped M3 detect water
- China regains FIBA-Asia title
- भारत ने बनाया नया परमाणु संयंत्र
- एड्स के ख़िलाफ़ अहम सफलता
- The Gas Authority of India Ltd(GAIL)
- What is 3G ?
- Interview Questions which may be asked in 2009
- Scientist Watch
- GS sample paper
- Year of India in Russia
- First meeting of the National Social Security Boar...
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace & ...
- Greenland, Antarctica ice melt worsening, confirms...
- PSLV-C14 Launch
- Ministry plans 5,000 rural courts
- In stunning upset victory, woman to head UNESCO
- 7 In One Go
- भारत को विश्व बैंक से कर्ज़ मिला
- Geography bits
- Indian (Introduction):
- Nuclear Power and India
- Who's Who
- Gk Watch
- Latest Whos Who in World Organizations
- List of presidents of the party
- Black Hole of Calcutta
- World War II and “Quit India” (from Gandhiji's poi...
- Ghadar Movement
- Image by khalampre via Flickr Norman Borlaug Nor...
- Komagata Maru
- Famous Mughal Monuments in India
- Fabian Society
- Banana republic
- Press Conference by FS on PM’s visit to Pittsburgh...
- India-Belarus bilateral RELATION
- Lok Adalat
- Award Watch
- 150 years of Indian Telecommunication
- Game watch
- Book Watch
- Archaeological Survey of India and its latest exca...
- Rural-Urban Fringe
- Extension of the term of the Thirteenth Finance Co...
- Vice President Releases the Book “The Other India:...
- Mamata Banerjee flags off Sealdah - New Delhi firs...
- Shakti', `Sakhi' to save women
- Do You Know Your ABC's of Vitamins & Minerals?
- Monument watch
- Scientists devise wire-free heart pump
- 1ST ROCKY EXTRASOLAR PLANET FOUND
- New Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama
- India Paramilitary Forces
- RGGVY – lighting up rural areas
- MCA21 e-Governance Project
- Sowa-Rigpa : Amendment of the Indian Medicine Cent...
- Expert Committee to review the Motor Vehicle Act, ...
- Australia in list of countries with high carbon em...
- U.S. approves four vaccines for Influenza A(H1N1)
- ▼ September (289)