India and Denmark signed a Memorandum of Understanding on Labour Mobility Partnership at Copenhagen, Denmark today. The MOU was signed by Shri. Vayalar Ravi, Minister of Overseas Indian Affairs and Ms. Birther Ronn Hornbech, Danish Minister of Refugee, Immigration and Integration Affairs.
This is the first MOU on Labour Mobility Partnership with any European Nation. It will facilitate promotion of orderly migration of workers from India to meet the growing demand for skilled and trained workers in the Danish economy and prevent illegal/irregular migration.
The salient features of the MOU are:
(i) Cooperation between the two countries concerning the following branches of labour and employment for qualified workers within their national objectives and the relevant laws:
(a) Labour market expansion,
(b) Employment facilitation,
(c) Organized entry and orderly migration and
(d) Exchange of information and cooperation in introducing best practices for mutual benefit.
(ii) Equal treatment of workers with the nationals of the receiving state.
(iii) Undertaking mutually beneficial studies for recruitment and identifying emerging sectors in Danish economy that require qualified workers.
(iv) Promoting direct contact between the employers in Denmark and the state. managed or private recruiting agencies in India, without intermediaries to facilitate regular and orderly recruitment of workers.
(v) Protection and welfare of all categories of workers under the labour laws and other relevant laws of the host country.
The MOU also provides for constitution of a Joint Working Group of both the countries, with following mandate:
i. Study employment opportunities and suggest means for enhancing cooperation between states.
ii. To interpret the provisions of the memorandum of understanding and oversee its implementation.
iii. Create guidance material on rights and duties of employers and workers to minimize labour disputes and create information material about the existing system for dispute settlement
iv. Suggest amendments to the MOU for better achievements of its objectives.
v. Recommend measures to prevent misuse of visit visas by unscrupulous employers and recruiting agencies.
vi. Recommend initiatives to address any issues that might arise in the context of the MOU.
Home » BITS » current affairs » International Relation » India and Denmark sign MoU on Labour Mobility Partnership
- ► 2015 (40)
- ► 2014 (83)
- ► 2013 (220)
- ► 2012 (76)
- ► 2011 (140)
- ► 2010 (525)
- India and Denmark sign MoU on Labour Mobility Part...
- India Releases Guidelines for Sustaining the Himal...
- Gram Nyayalaya Act 2008 to come into effect from O...
- Govt plans to set up 4 spy schools
- Committee watch
- Hmm watch this
- Hmm watch this
- Sunday Dhamaka (Watch inspirational videos)
- MUST watch
- Chronology of Ancient Indian History
- Some Appointments this year
- How to read newspaper
- guide to G-20 communique
- IAF Inducts Rapid Action Mobile Medical Hospital
- Pharma exports up by 29% in 2008-09
- Target of 80 lakh tonne additional foodgrains fixe...
- National Mission on Monuments and Antiquities and ...
- Ms. K. Sujatha Rao to be Secretary Health & Family...
- Habitable moons 'could to be spotted by 2014
- Full Text of PM’s Remarks at the G-20 Meeting at P...
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Awards 2009 announced
- CONSTITUTION OF INDIA
- GK bits
- special - Maoists: We control 5,000 villages
- Indian Geography useful notes
- Trial of INA
- Sign akin to Indus Valley found in Kerala
- The ABC of N-subs
- Chronology of Modern Indian History
- Fundamental rights which are involved in the issue...
- General knowledge quiz (25 Q)
- Bhadant Anand Kauslayayan (Personality watch)
- IFS (origin,whereabouts,then,now)
- News Watch (with NDTV)
- रमेश कुमार ने इतिहास रचा
- परमाणु अप्रसार पर प्रस्ताव पारित
- Haier appoints new India head
- mjunction launches coal spot price index
- 13 Indian firms make it to the Forbes Asia list
- New INS chief
- Indian payload helped M3 detect water
- China regains FIBA-Asia title
- भारत ने बनाया नया परमाणु संयंत्र
- एड्स के ख़िलाफ़ अहम सफलता
- The Gas Authority of India Ltd(GAIL)
- What is 3G ?
- Interview Questions which may be asked in 2009
- Scientist Watch
- GS sample paper
- Year of India in Russia
- First meeting of the National Social Security Boar...
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace & ...
- Greenland, Antarctica ice melt worsening, confirms...
- PSLV-C14 Launch
- Ministry plans 5,000 rural courts
- In stunning upset victory, woman to head UNESCO
- 7 In One Go
- भारत को विश्व बैंक से कर्ज़ मिला
- Geography bits
- Indian (Introduction):
- Nuclear Power and India
- Who's Who
- Gk Watch
- Latest Whos Who in World Organizations
- List of presidents of the party
- Black Hole of Calcutta
- World War II and “Quit India” (from Gandhiji's poi...
- Ghadar Movement
- Image by khalampre via Flickr Norman Borlaug Nor...
- Komagata Maru
- Famous Mughal Monuments in India
- Fabian Society
- Banana republic
- Press Conference by FS on PM’s visit to Pittsburgh...
- India-Belarus bilateral RELATION
- Lok Adalat
- Award Watch
- 150 years of Indian Telecommunication
- Game watch
- Book Watch
- Archaeological Survey of India and its latest exca...
- Rural-Urban Fringe
- Extension of the term of the Thirteenth Finance Co...
- Vice President Releases the Book “The Other India:...
- Mamata Banerjee flags off Sealdah - New Delhi firs...
- Shakti', `Sakhi' to save women
- Do You Know Your ABC's of Vitamins & Minerals?
- Monument watch
- Scientists devise wire-free heart pump
- 1ST ROCKY EXTRASOLAR PLANET FOUND
- New Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama
- India Paramilitary Forces
- RGGVY – lighting up rural areas
- MCA21 e-Governance Project
- Sowa-Rigpa : Amendment of the Indian Medicine Cent...
- Expert Committee to review the Motor Vehicle Act, ...
- Australia in list of countries with high carbon em...
- U.S. approves four vaccines for Influenza A(H1N1)
- ▼ September (289)