New Delhi: India and Mongolia on Monday signed a crucial civil nuclear agreement for supply of uranium to New Delhi, making the country number fifth in the world to seal a civil nuclear pact.
The government, apart from announcing a soft loan of $25 million to rejuvenate the economy of the resource-rich Central Asian country, also signed four more agreements talks between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Mongolian President Tsakhia Elbegdorj here. Later in the evening an MoU was also signed between Ficci and Fifta (Foreign Investment and Foreign Trade Agency of Mongolia, to further enhance trade relations with India.
The MoU on “development of cooperation in the field of peaceful uses of radioactive minerals and nuclear energy” was signed by senior officials in the department of atomic energy of the two countries.
Earlier, Singh, in an opening statement said that Indo-Mongolian relations have strong historical and spiritual roots. “They are characterised by warmth and deep friendship. The 1994 Treaty of Friendly Relations and Cooperation provides the guiding principles for developing our relations,” he said.
According to the Prime Minister, the discussions with the visiting leaders were productive, where both sides reviewed the entire gamut of bilateral relations, and discussed regional and international issues of mutual interest. Singh also revealed that after Monday’s discussions, bilateral ties have been raised to the level of a Comprehensive Partnership and added that a joint declaration would be issued that would chart out the future course of relations.
India has assured assistance to Mongolia in the field of education, particularly in the teaching of English language, and information technology. There is great potential for deeper cooperation in the areas of mining and agriculture. The two countries have agreed to increase trade, investment and economic exchanges, building upon the Bilateral Investment Protection and Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements that are already in place.
Home » Asia » BITS » current affairs » Government » India » Manmohan Singh » Memorandum of understanding » Mongolia » New Delhi » Prime Minister » Current Affairs: India signs civil nuclear deal with Mongolia
- ► 2015 (40)
- ► 2014 (83)
- ► 2013 (220)
- ► 2012 (76)
- ► 2011 (140)
- ► 2010 (525)
- India and Denmark sign MoU on Labour Mobility Part...
- India Releases Guidelines for Sustaining the Himal...
- Gram Nyayalaya Act 2008 to come into effect from O...
- Govt plans to set up 4 spy schools
- Committee watch
- Hmm watch this
- Hmm watch this
- Sunday Dhamaka (Watch inspirational videos)
- MUST watch
- Chronology of Ancient Indian History
- Some Appointments this year
- How to read newspaper
- guide to G-20 communique
- IAF Inducts Rapid Action Mobile Medical Hospital
- Pharma exports up by 29% in 2008-09
- Target of 80 lakh tonne additional foodgrains fixe...
- National Mission on Monuments and Antiquities and ...
- Ms. K. Sujatha Rao to be Secretary Health & Family...
- Habitable moons 'could to be spotted by 2014
- Full Text of PM’s Remarks at the G-20 Meeting at P...
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Awards 2009 announced
- CONSTITUTION OF INDIA
- GK bits
- special - Maoists: We control 5,000 villages
- Indian Geography useful notes
- Trial of INA
- Sign akin to Indus Valley found in Kerala
- The ABC of N-subs
- Chronology of Modern Indian History
- Fundamental rights which are involved in the issue...
- General knowledge quiz (25 Q)
- Bhadant Anand Kauslayayan (Personality watch)
- IFS (origin,whereabouts,then,now)
- News Watch (with NDTV)
- रमेश कुमार ने इतिहास रचा
- परमाणु अप्रसार पर प्रस्ताव पारित
- Haier appoints new India head
- mjunction launches coal spot price index
- 13 Indian firms make it to the Forbes Asia list
- New INS chief
- Indian payload helped M3 detect water
- China regains FIBA-Asia title
- भारत ने बनाया नया परमाणु संयंत्र
- एड्स के ख़िलाफ़ अहम सफलता
- The Gas Authority of India Ltd(GAIL)
- What is 3G ?
- Interview Questions which may be asked in 2009
- Scientist Watch
- GS sample paper
- Year of India in Russia
- First meeting of the National Social Security Boar...
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace & ...
- Greenland, Antarctica ice melt worsening, confirms...
- PSLV-C14 Launch
- Ministry plans 5,000 rural courts
- In stunning upset victory, woman to head UNESCO
- 7 In One Go
- भारत को विश्व बैंक से कर्ज़ मिला
- Geography bits
- Indian (Introduction):
- Nuclear Power and India
- Who's Who
- Gk Watch
- Latest Whos Who in World Organizations
- List of presidents of the party
- Black Hole of Calcutta
- World War II and “Quit India” (from Gandhiji's poi...
- Ghadar Movement
- Image by khalampre via Flickr Norman Borlaug Nor...
- Komagata Maru
- Famous Mughal Monuments in India
- Fabian Society
- Banana republic
- Press Conference by FS on PM’s visit to Pittsburgh...
- India-Belarus bilateral RELATION
- Lok Adalat
- Award Watch
- 150 years of Indian Telecommunication
- Game watch
- Book Watch
- Archaeological Survey of India and its latest exca...
- Rural-Urban Fringe
- Extension of the term of the Thirteenth Finance Co...
- Vice President Releases the Book “The Other India:...
- Mamata Banerjee flags off Sealdah - New Delhi firs...
- Shakti', `Sakhi' to save women
- Do You Know Your ABC's of Vitamins & Minerals?
- Monument watch
- Scientists devise wire-free heart pump
- 1ST ROCKY EXTRASOLAR PLANET FOUND
- New Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama
- India Paramilitary Forces
- RGGVY – lighting up rural areas
- MCA21 e-Governance Project
- Sowa-Rigpa : Amendment of the Indian Medicine Cent...
- Expert Committee to review the Motor Vehicle Act, ...
- Australia in list of countries with high carbon em...
- U.S. approves four vaccines for Influenza A(H1N1)
- ▼ September (289)