51. Reservation of seats for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in the House of the People , is under which article --> 330
52. What is the term of a member of Rajya Sabha --> 6 Years
53. Right to equality is an important right provided for in which Articles of the constitution --> 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18
54. Which article of the constitution abolishes the practice of untouchability --> Article 17
55. The right to freedom in Article 19 guarantees the how many freedoms --> 6
56. The right against exploitation, given in Articles 23 and 24, provides for two provisions, namely the abolition of trafficking in human beings and --> Begar or Forced Labour
57. Freedom of press" has been included in the right to freedom. True / false --> False
58. Which articles provide fundamental rights to Indian Citizen --> Article 12-35
59. Which act deprived the Company of its Indian trade monopoly except for trade in tea and the trade with China --> Charter act of 1813
60. In which amendment fundamental duties were added --> 42nd amendment
61. Fundamental duties don't enjoy any legal sanction. True or false --> True
62. The form of the government was borrowed from which country by law makers of India --> England
63. What the lawmakers of India have borrowed from Canada --> Scheme of federation
64. In India, a tax on Agricultural revenue can be levied by …? State / centre/ both / none --> State
65. In India education is a …… ? Class privilege / fundamental right/ qualification for political office/ legal obligation --> legal obligation
66. Who performs the duty of president on his / her absence --> vice-president
67. Who among the members of legislative assembly / parliament has been given a weightage in election of president --> none, a parity has been maintained between states as a whole and union
68. What can be the maximum number of members of the Lok Sabha --> 550
69. What was the total strength of the Lok Sabha, When 1st general election held in India --> 489
70. Parliament consists of President of India and the two Houses of Parliament known as Council of States (Rajya Sabha) and House of the People (Lok Sabha). Which article says this --> Article 79
71. The President is elected by the members of an electoral college . What does electoral college consist --> Elected members of both the Houses of Parliament and the elected members of the Legislative Assemblies of States and the Union Territories of Delhi and Pondicherry
72. A President is eligible for re-election to that office. Which article says this --> Article 57
73. In the election of president of India, MLA's of different states have same number / different number of votes --> different
74. In the event of non enforcement of directive principals of the state by the government, a citizen can move to supreme court / high court /district court --> none of the court
75. Under which articles, cultural & educational rights have been discussed --> 29 and 30
76. What does "we" mean in the constitution of India --> The people of India
77. Who holds the ultimate sovereignty in the Indian Polity --> people of India
78. Who controls the executive in a parliamentary form of democracy --> Legislature
79. On what base, the states have representation in the Rajya Sabha --> Population
80. Is Indian constitution rigid --> No
81. In which house among the Rajya Sabha and Loksabha the presiding officer is not member of the house --> Rajya Sabha
82. In Recommending creation of new all India services, which house enjoys exclusive right --> Rajya Sabha
83. In which situation can the president promulgate an ordinance --> when parliament not in session
84. cabinet Mission to India was in which year --> 1946
85. Which mission aimed to discuss and finalize plans for the transfer of power from the British Raj to Indian leadership, providing India with independence under Dominion status in the Commonwealth of Nations --> The British Cabinet Mission of 1946 to India
86. Right to vote is a --> Political Right
87. In which year first session of Loksabha held --> 1952
88. President can proclaim a state of emergency under which article --> Article 352
89. When was election commission of India established --> January 25, 1950 (under Article 324 of Constitution of India)
90. What are the four pillars of the Indian Constitution --> Election Commission,Supreme Court (SC) of India, the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG)
91. Who elects appoints Chief Election Commissioner and Election Commissioners --> President
92. What is the tenure of Chief Election Commissioner and Election Commissioners --> six years, or up to the age of 65 years and 62 years respectively, whichever is earlier
93. How the Chief Election Commissioner can be removed from office --> only through impeachment by Parliament
94. How Other Election Commissioners may be removed --> by the President on the recommendation of the Chief Election Commissioner
95. What is the maximum permissible time gap between two sessions of parliament --> 6 months
96. Who is responsible for devising the best ways to utilize available resources of States --> Zonal council
97. Who supervises the Lok Sabha secretariat --> Lok Sabha Speaker
98. Which is a permanent house os state --> State legislative council
99. A judge of supreme court , who wishes to relinquish his job before expiry of his term will address his resignation to --> President
100.A judge of supreme court can be removed from his/her office by president on the basis of a resolution passed by --> 2/3 majority of Both Lok Sabha & Rajya Sabha.</marquee>
- ► 2015 (40)
- ► 2014 (83)
- ► 2013 (220)
- ► 2012 (76)
- ► 2011 (140)
- ► 2010 (525)
- India and Denmark sign MoU on Labour Mobility Part...
- India Releases Guidelines for Sustaining the Himal...
- Gram Nyayalaya Act 2008 to come into effect from O...
- Govt plans to set up 4 spy schools
- Committee watch
- Hmm watch this
- Hmm watch this
- Sunday Dhamaka (Watch inspirational videos)
- MUST watch
- Chronology of Ancient Indian History
- Some Appointments this year
- How to read newspaper
- guide to G-20 communique
- IAF Inducts Rapid Action Mobile Medical Hospital
- Pharma exports up by 29% in 2008-09
- Target of 80 lakh tonne additional foodgrains fixe...
- National Mission on Monuments and Antiquities and ...
- Ms. K. Sujatha Rao to be Secretary Health & Family...
- Habitable moons 'could to be spotted by 2014
- Full Text of PM’s Remarks at the G-20 Meeting at P...
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Awards 2009 announced
- CONSTITUTION OF INDIA
- GK bits
- special - Maoists: We control 5,000 villages
- Indian Geography useful notes
- Trial of INA
- Sign akin to Indus Valley found in Kerala
- The ABC of N-subs
- Chronology of Modern Indian History
- Fundamental rights which are involved in the issue...
- General knowledge quiz (25 Q)
- Bhadant Anand Kauslayayan (Personality watch)
- IFS (origin,whereabouts,then,now)
- News Watch (with NDTV)
- रमेश कुमार ने इतिहास रचा
- परमाणु अप्रसार पर प्रस्ताव पारित
- Haier appoints new India head
- mjunction launches coal spot price index
- 13 Indian firms make it to the Forbes Asia list
- New INS chief
- Indian payload helped M3 detect water
- China regains FIBA-Asia title
- भारत ने बनाया नया परमाणु संयंत्र
- एड्स के ख़िलाफ़ अहम सफलता
- The Gas Authority of India Ltd(GAIL)
- What is 3G ?
- Interview Questions which may be asked in 2009
- Scientist Watch
- GS sample paper
- Year of India in Russia
- First meeting of the National Social Security Boar...
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace & ...
- Greenland, Antarctica ice melt worsening, confirms...
- PSLV-C14 Launch
- Ministry plans 5,000 rural courts
- In stunning upset victory, woman to head UNESCO
- 7 In One Go
- भारत को विश्व बैंक से कर्ज़ मिला
- Geography bits
- Indian (Introduction):
- Nuclear Power and India
- Who's Who
- Gk Watch
- Latest Whos Who in World Organizations
- List of presidents of the party
- Black Hole of Calcutta
- World War II and “Quit India” (from Gandhiji's poi...
- Ghadar Movement
- Image by khalampre via Flickr Norman Borlaug Nor...
- Komagata Maru
- Famous Mughal Monuments in India
- Fabian Society
- Banana republic
- Press Conference by FS on PM’s visit to Pittsburgh...
- India-Belarus bilateral RELATION
- Lok Adalat
- Award Watch
- 150 years of Indian Telecommunication
- Game watch
- Book Watch
- Archaeological Survey of India and its latest exca...
- Rural-Urban Fringe
- Extension of the term of the Thirteenth Finance Co...
- Vice President Releases the Book “The Other India:...
- Mamata Banerjee flags off Sealdah - New Delhi firs...
- Shakti', `Sakhi' to save women
- Do You Know Your ABC's of Vitamins & Minerals?
- Monument watch
- Scientists devise wire-free heart pump
- 1ST ROCKY EXTRASOLAR PLANET FOUND
- New Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama
- India Paramilitary Forces
- RGGVY – lighting up rural areas
- MCA21 e-Governance Project
- Sowa-Rigpa : Amendment of the Indian Medicine Cent...
- Expert Committee to review the Motor Vehicle Act, ...
- Australia in list of countries with high carbon em...
- U.S. approves four vaccines for Influenza A(H1N1)
- ▼ September (289)