* Covering area of more then the 32 lacs sq. kilometers India is the 7th largest country of the world
* .it has the land frontier of more then 15200 km and coastline of 7516 km for mainland including Andaman and NICOBAR
* The increasing order of length of border of India shared by countries is Afghanistan- Bhutan-Myanmar- Nepal-Pakistan-china-Bangladesh
* Himalayan region was under marine conditions 60 years before today
� Longitudinal extant
� 8.4� to 37.6�
� latitudinal extant
� 68.7�to 97.25
� 2933 km
* With opening of Suez canal in 1969 India�s distance from the has been reduced by 7000 km
* Coastline of India if we exclude the islands is 6100 km
* Indira point is the southernmost point of Indian territory located in great nocobar island
* The southernmost point of Indian mainland is kanyakumari
* Great channel separates India from Indonesia
MAJOR PHYSIOGRAPHIC REGIONS IN INDIA
1. THE GRET MOUNTAINS OF NORTH
2. NORTHN PLAIN it has two subdivisions great plains and thar deserts
3. THE GREAT PENISULER REGION OF INDIA IT HAS THREE SUBDIVISIONS CENTRAL HIGHLANDS PANISULAR PLATUS COASTAL PLAINS
4. ANDEMAN NICOBAR FORM FOURTH DIVISION OF INDIAN PHYSIOGRAPHY
5. AREAWISE THESE REGION CAN BE ARRRANGED AS PENNISULAR PLATEAUS NORTHN MOPUNTAINS GREAT PLAINS CENTRALHIGHLANDS COASTAL PLAINS DESERT ISLAND
GREAT MOUNTAIN WALL OF NORTH
o Trans Himalaya from pamir knots several mountains starts kunlun goes to Tibet karakoram runs in Kashmir and SE
o pamir is connecting link between himalya and mountain ranges of central asia
o Karakoram contains K2 the second highest peak In the world
o Baltoro and siachin are some of the glaciers of this region
o Leantgh wise these glacier are arranged siachin, hisper,biafo,baltoro
o Ladakh and zasker lies in sothrn karakoram
- ► 2015 (40)
- ► 2014 (83)
- ► 2013 (220)
- ► 2012 (76)
- ► 2011 (140)
- ► 2010 (525)
- India and Denmark sign MoU on Labour Mobility Part...
- India Releases Guidelines for Sustaining the Himal...
- Gram Nyayalaya Act 2008 to come into effect from O...
- Govt plans to set up 4 spy schools
- Committee watch
- Hmm watch this
- Hmm watch this
- Sunday Dhamaka (Watch inspirational videos)
- MUST watch
- Chronology of Ancient Indian History
- Some Appointments this year
- How to read newspaper
- guide to G-20 communique
- IAF Inducts Rapid Action Mobile Medical Hospital
- Pharma exports up by 29% in 2008-09
- Target of 80 lakh tonne additional foodgrains fixe...
- National Mission on Monuments and Antiquities and ...
- Ms. K. Sujatha Rao to be Secretary Health & Family...
- Habitable moons 'could to be spotted by 2014
- Full Text of PM’s Remarks at the G-20 Meeting at P...
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Awards 2009 announced
- CONSTITUTION OF INDIA
- GK bits
- special - Maoists: We control 5,000 villages
- Indian Geography useful notes
- Trial of INA
- Sign akin to Indus Valley found in Kerala
- The ABC of N-subs
- Chronology of Modern Indian History
- Fundamental rights which are involved in the issue...
- General knowledge quiz (25 Q)
- Bhadant Anand Kauslayayan (Personality watch)
- IFS (origin,whereabouts,then,now)
- News Watch (with NDTV)
- रमेश कुमार ने इतिहास रचा
- परमाणु अप्रसार पर प्रस्ताव पारित
- Haier appoints new India head
- mjunction launches coal spot price index
- 13 Indian firms make it to the Forbes Asia list
- New INS chief
- Indian payload helped M3 detect water
- China regains FIBA-Asia title
- भारत ने बनाया नया परमाणु संयंत्र
- एड्स के ख़िलाफ़ अहम सफलता
- The Gas Authority of India Ltd(GAIL)
- What is 3G ?
- Interview Questions which may be asked in 2009
- Scientist Watch
- GS sample paper
- Year of India in Russia
- First meeting of the National Social Security Boar...
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace & ...
- Greenland, Antarctica ice melt worsening, confirms...
- PSLV-C14 Launch
- Ministry plans 5,000 rural courts
- In stunning upset victory, woman to head UNESCO
- 7 In One Go
- भारत को विश्व बैंक से कर्ज़ मिला
- Geography bits
- Indian (Introduction):
- Nuclear Power and India
- Who's Who
- Gk Watch
- Latest Whos Who in World Organizations
- List of presidents of the party
- Black Hole of Calcutta
- World War II and “Quit India” (from Gandhiji's poi...
- Ghadar Movement
- Image by khalampre via Flickr Norman Borlaug Nor...
- Komagata Maru
- Famous Mughal Monuments in India
- Fabian Society
- Banana republic
- Press Conference by FS on PM’s visit to Pittsburgh...
- India-Belarus bilateral RELATION
- Lok Adalat
- Award Watch
- 150 years of Indian Telecommunication
- Game watch
- Book Watch
- Archaeological Survey of India and its latest exca...
- Rural-Urban Fringe
- Extension of the term of the Thirteenth Finance Co...
- Vice President Releases the Book “The Other India:...
- Mamata Banerjee flags off Sealdah - New Delhi firs...
- Shakti', `Sakhi' to save women
- Do You Know Your ABC's of Vitamins & Minerals?
- Monument watch
- Scientists devise wire-free heart pump
- 1ST ROCKY EXTRASOLAR PLANET FOUND
- New Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama
- India Paramilitary Forces
- RGGVY – lighting up rural areas
- MCA21 e-Governance Project
- Sowa-Rigpa : Amendment of the Indian Medicine Cent...
- Expert Committee to review the Motor Vehicle Act, ...
- Australia in list of countries with high carbon em...
- U.S. approves four vaccines for Influenza A(H1N1)
- ▼ September (289)