1. India has signed an agreement to procure Advanced Jet
Trainer (Hawk) from which of the following countries ?
Ans: ( b ) UK
2. The United States has granted the status of ?major
non-NATO ally? to which of the following countries recently ?
Ans: ( a ) Pakistan
3. Who among the following persons bought the sword of Tipu
Sultan in London and brought it back to India ?
(a) Ratan Tata
(b) Mukesh Ambani
(c) Vijay Mallya
(d) Aditya Birla
Ans: ( c ) Vijay Mallya
4. Which of the following companies became India?s first
listed IT firm to have crossed $1 billion turnover ?
(d) Infosys Technologies
Ans: ( d ) Infosys Technologies
5. Who among the following women has become the highest
individual scorer in an innings in Tests ?
(a) Mithali Raj
(b) Kiran Baloch
(c) Diana Eduljee
(d) None of these
Ans: ( b ) Kiran Baloch
6. Who is the new Prime Minister of Sri Lanka ?
(a) Chandrika Kumaratunga
(b) Ranil Wickremesinghe
(c) Mahinda Rajapakse
(d) None of these
Ans: ( c ) Mahinda Rajapakse
7. Hamas is a militant organization fighting against which
of the following countries ?
Ans: ( b ) Israel
8. Who among the following has become the first Indian to
score a triple century in Tests ?
(a) Rahul Dravid
(b) Sachin Tendulkar
(c) V.V.S. Laxman
(d) Virender Sehwag
Ans: ( d ) Virender Sehwag
9. Who among the following has won the Femina Miss India
Universe 2004 title ?
(a) Lakshmi Pandit
(b) Sayali Bhagat
(c) Tanushree Dutta
(d) Jyoti Brahmin
Ans: ( c ) Tanushree Dutta
10. The 9th South Asian Federation Games were held recently
in which of the following cities ?
Ans: ( a ) Islamabad
11. Which of the following parts of the poppy plant is used
for the extraction of opium ?
Ans: ( b ) Flowers
12. Who is the Chairman of the Twelfth Finance Commission ?
(a) C. Rangarajan
(b) N. N. Vohra
(c) Bimal Jalan
(d) Vijay Kelkar
Ans: ( a ) C. Rangarajan
13. The first feature film (talkie) produced in India was
(b) Alamm Ara
(d) Raja Harishchandra
Ans: ( b ) Alamm Ara
14. During the Indian freedom struggle, ?The Deccan
Educational Society? was founded by
(a) B.G. Tilak
(b) Dadabhai Naoroji
(c) G.K. Gokhale
(d) M.G. Ranade
Ans: ( d ) M.G. Ranade
15. A ?black hole? is a body in space which does not allow
any radiation to come out. This property is due to its
(a) Very small size
(b) Very large size
(c) Very high density
(d) Very low density
Ans: ( c ) Very high density
16. The ?Chilka Lake region? lies in between the deltas of
(a) Ganga and Mahanadi
(b) Godavari and Krishna
(c) Mahanadi and Godavari
(d) Krishna and Kaveri
Ans: ( c ) Mahanadi and Godavari
17. The 44th Amendment of the Indian Constitution withdrew
the Fundamental Right
(a) To freedom of religion
(b) To constitutional remedies
(c) To property
(d) Against exploitation
Ans: ( c ) To property
18. The Legislative Council of a State in India can be
abolished or created by
(a) The President of India in consultation with the Council
of Ministers of the State concerned
(b) The Legislative Assembly of the State concerned
(c) The Parliament at a joint sitting of both the Houses
(d) The Parliament, provided the State Legislative Assembly
passes a resolution to that effect
Ans: ( d ) The Parliament, provided the State Legislative
Assembly passes a resolution to that effect
19. At which stage in its life cycle does the silk work
yield the fibre of commerce ?
Ans: ( c ) Pupa
20. Persons below the poverty line in India are classified
as such based on whether
(a) They are entitled to a minimum prescribed food basket
(b) They get work for a prescribed minimum number of days
in a year
(c) They belong to agricultural labourer household and the
scheduled caste /tribe social group
(d) Their daily wages fall below the prescribed minimum wages
Ans: ( a ) They are entitled to a minimum prescribed food
21. As per 1991 Census, which one of the following groups of
Union Territories had the highest literacy rate ?
(a) Chandigarh and Dadra & Nagar Haveli
(b) Delhi and Andaman & Nicobar Islands
(c) Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Pondicherry
(d) Pondicherry and Delhi
Ans: ( b ) Delhi and Andaman & Nicobar Islands
22. In order to win the Grand Slam in Tennis, a player must
win which one of the following groups of tournaments ?
(a) Australian Open, Wimbeldon, French Open, U.S. Open
(b) Wimbledon, French Open, U.S. Open, Swedish Open
(c) Wimbledon, French Open, Paegas Czec Open, U.S. Open
(d) Davis Cup, Wimbledon, French Open, Australian Open
Ans: ( a ) Australian Open, Wimbeldon, French Open, U.S. Open
23. ?Abhinava Bharat?, a secret society of revolutionaries,
was organized by
(a) Khudiram Bose
(b) V.D. Savarkar
(c) Prafulla Chaki
(d) Bhagat Singh
Ans: ( b ) V.D. Savarkar
24. Endoscopy, a technique used to explore the stomach or
other inner parts of the body, is based on the phenomenon of
(a) Total internal reflection
Ans: ( a ) Total internal reflection
25. Which one of the following lakes forms and international
boundary between Tanzania and Uganda ?
Ans: ( c ) Victoria
Friday, September 11, 2009
- ► 2015 (40)
- ► 2014 (83)
- ► 2013 (220)
- ► 2012 (76)
- ► 2011 (140)
- ► 2010 (525)
- India and Denmark sign MoU on Labour Mobility Part...
- India Releases Guidelines for Sustaining the Himal...
- Gram Nyayalaya Act 2008 to come into effect from O...
- Govt plans to set up 4 spy schools
- Committee watch
- Hmm watch this
- Hmm watch this
- Sunday Dhamaka (Watch inspirational videos)
- MUST watch
- Chronology of Ancient Indian History
- Some Appointments this year
- How to read newspaper
- guide to G-20 communique
- IAF Inducts Rapid Action Mobile Medical Hospital
- Pharma exports up by 29% in 2008-09
- Target of 80 lakh tonne additional foodgrains fixe...
- National Mission on Monuments and Antiquities and ...
- Ms. K. Sujatha Rao to be Secretary Health & Family...
- Habitable moons 'could to be spotted by 2014
- Full Text of PM’s Remarks at the G-20 Meeting at P...
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Awards 2009 announced
- CONSTITUTION OF INDIA
- GK bits
- special - Maoists: We control 5,000 villages
- Indian Geography useful notes
- Trial of INA
- Sign akin to Indus Valley found in Kerala
- The ABC of N-subs
- Chronology of Modern Indian History
- Fundamental rights which are involved in the issue...
- General knowledge quiz (25 Q)
- Bhadant Anand Kauslayayan (Personality watch)
- IFS (origin,whereabouts,then,now)
- News Watch (with NDTV)
- रमेश कुमार ने इतिहास रचा
- परमाणु अप्रसार पर प्रस्ताव पारित
- Haier appoints new India head
- mjunction launches coal spot price index
- 13 Indian firms make it to the Forbes Asia list
- New INS chief
- Indian payload helped M3 detect water
- China regains FIBA-Asia title
- भारत ने बनाया नया परमाणु संयंत्र
- एड्स के ख़िलाफ़ अहम सफलता
- The Gas Authority of India Ltd(GAIL)
- What is 3G ?
- Interview Questions which may be asked in 2009
- Scientist Watch
- GS sample paper
- Year of India in Russia
- First meeting of the National Social Security Boar...
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace & ...
- Greenland, Antarctica ice melt worsening, confirms...
- PSLV-C14 Launch
- Ministry plans 5,000 rural courts
- In stunning upset victory, woman to head UNESCO
- 7 In One Go
- भारत को विश्व बैंक से कर्ज़ मिला
- Geography bits
- Indian (Introduction):
- Nuclear Power and India
- Who's Who
- Gk Watch
- Latest Whos Who in World Organizations
- List of presidents of the party
- Black Hole of Calcutta
- World War II and “Quit India” (from Gandhiji's poi...
- Ghadar Movement
- Image by khalampre via Flickr Norman Borlaug Nor...
- Komagata Maru
- Famous Mughal Monuments in India
- Fabian Society
- Banana republic
- Press Conference by FS on PM’s visit to Pittsburgh...
- India-Belarus bilateral RELATION
- Lok Adalat
- Award Watch
- 150 years of Indian Telecommunication
- Game watch
- Book Watch
- Archaeological Survey of India and its latest exca...
- Rural-Urban Fringe
- Extension of the term of the Thirteenth Finance Co...
- Vice President Releases the Book “The Other India:...
- Mamata Banerjee flags off Sealdah - New Delhi firs...
- Shakti', `Sakhi' to save women
- Do You Know Your ABC's of Vitamins & Minerals?
- Monument watch
- Scientists devise wire-free heart pump
- 1ST ROCKY EXTRASOLAR PLANET FOUND
- New Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama
- India Paramilitary Forces
- RGGVY – lighting up rural areas
- MCA21 e-Governance Project
- Sowa-Rigpa : Amendment of the Indian Medicine Cent...
- Expert Committee to review the Motor Vehicle Act, ...
- Australia in list of countries with high carbon em...
- U.S. approves four vaccines for Influenza A(H1N1)
- ▼ September (289)