Image via Wikipedia
1. The first effective vaccine against polio was prepared by
Jonas E. Salk.
2. World AIDS day is observed on
3. Television was started in the year
4. Where is the national Environment Engineering Research Institute
5. National Science day is observed on 28th February to commemorate
The day of declaration of Raman effect.
6. The science dealing with the study of the heart and its diseases is known
7. When was the first Atomic Energy Commission set up in India?
8. India conducted the first nuclear explosion in the year
May 18, 1974.
9. What does the abbreviation ANERT stand for
Agency for non-conventional Energy and Rural Technology
10. The scientist who discovered that the earth revolves round the sun
11. ECG is an instrument used in the study of
12. Ecology is the branch of science which deals with
Balance of Nature
13. The district in which the central root research institute is situated.
14. Rainbow is caused due to
Refraction and dispersion .
15. What is the full form of LPG?
Liquified Petroleum Gas.
16. Leaves are green due to the presence of
17. What drug does tobacco contain
18. What does talcum power consists of
19. The main consistent of gobar gas
20. A gland known as the gland of emergency
21. The largest flower in the world?
22. The smallest bone in the human body?
23. The colouring substance present in bile
24. The hormones helps to ripen fruits.
25. Milk is an example of
26. Which sector in India uses coal in maximum quantity?
27. Who discovered Natural Radioactivity?
28. The acid present in oranges
29. The density of water is maximum in
4 degree Centigrade.
30. The material used in the manufacture of lead pencils
31. Which bird found in New Zealand is uable to fly and has hair instead of feathers and a very
32. Who found out Radio Activity?
33.The instrument which is used for measuring blood pressure?
34.What is always contained in amalgams?
35.Decimel system of number originated in:
36.Father of cloning:
37.According to WHO, the disease which causes the death of the largest number of people today
38.Hydrogen Bomb is based on:
39. Liquefied Petroleum Gas consists of mainly:
Methane, Butane andPropane
40.Diamond is the purest form of
41.The exact copy of a written or printed message is transmitted to
distant places through adevice attached to a telephone. What is
42.The energy possessed by the water collected in the reservoir of a
43.Bleaching powder is produced by passing chlorine over this substance:
Solid slaked lime
44.The most important raw material for generation of power in India:
45.Maximum yield of milk is obtained from ----variety of cows
46.Deforestation causes the following:
Drought,flood and soil erosion
47.The most abundant substance on earth is :
48.The unit of power is:
49.The world famous mineral region in India:
50.The gas which causes acid rain industrial area: