|The Home Secretary Shri GK Pillai has stressed on the need for the various security agencies to stay abreast of technologies. Inaugurating a workshop-cum-exhibition on ‘Low Intensity Conflict – Technologies and Products’ here today, Shri Pillai said the terrorist today has access to latest technologies to unleash mayhem on unsuspecting people. He pointed out that there were one set of technologies for cross-border terrorism and another set for home-grown insurgency. Shri Pillai asked the State Police, Paramilitary and Defence Forces to constantly project their need for new tools and innovative technologies to defeat the nefarious designs of the terrorists.|
Earlier the Special Guest of Honour Lt Gen Mukesh Sabharwal, Adjutant General, Indian Army, in his opening remarks, said that surveillance was paramount to National Security. He called upon the DRDO to help develop night-vision devices, thermal imagers, handheld radios, lightweight body armour, stun guns and IED detection kits to meet the needs of the security forces.
Dr K Sekhar, Chief Controller R&D (Missile Systems & Low Intensity Conflict), DRDO, in his welcome address, outlined the DRDO’s efforts in putting together a core team to identify user requirements. He stressed on the need for constant interface between the scientists and the users to incorporate customized modifications on the products. Dr Sekhar said that the DRDO would develop core technologies in areas including foliage penetration radars through wall imaging systems, improved sensors and protection systems.
Over 250 personnel from the Services, Paramilitary forces, Industry Partners and DRDO Scientists are participating in the two-day workshop.
Home » BITS » current affairs » DRDO » Home Secretary URGEs DRDO to Develop New Technologies for Security Forces
Sunday, December 13, 2009
- ► 2015 (40)
- ► 2014 (83)
- ► 2013 (220)
- ► 2012 (76)
- ► 2011 (140)
- ► 2010 (525)
- The Union Legislature
- Iron and Steel Industries
- The Union Executive
- Nutritional Requirements
- TRADE DOSE
- Earthquake n Landforms
- Geography Dose
- Economy Dose
- INDIAN REFORMERS
- PHYSIOGRAPHIC DIVISION OF INDIA
- Expedition 21
- What was Watergate?
- River System
- Indian MoD Allows Blacklisted Firms To participate...
- Continent facts
- Subramanya Bharathi
- Types of Water
- History look
- Fact Sheet--Agriculture in India
- Various Formulae for Geometrical figures
- MRTP ACT
- Dose-- Sports this week various deals
- Solar Cells
- Solar Cooker
- Meristematic Tissues
- Dose--Permanent Tissues
- Geography--Kerala Special (Wildlife)
- Fungus Infections
- Vacation of seats.
- hEALTH dOSE (BCG)
- Dose-- Geography
- Countries Having NO trains!!!!!
- Poona Pact
- Rowlatt Act
- TKDL( Traditional Knowledge Digital Library)
- Polity Watch
- India's Development: 10 Things for India to Do to ...
- Burj Dubai
- The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Educa...
- Peace Keeping OF UN BY InDIAN ArMY
- Gujaratis cash in on gold boom in UK
- Bhishma Parva
- Gautamiputra Satakarni
- dOSE -World Heritage Sites
- Mudra- Rakshasa, Sanskrit Drama
- dOSE (hINDUISM)
- SKYTRAX World Airline Awards
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Stealth warships to get deadlier
- Gk stuff
- Frontline December 2009
- Pratiyogitadarpan Nov09
- Pratiyogita Darpan December 2009
- Yojana November 2009 Edition
- Dose (MonuMENt)
- The Indian Army
- Raw Material Assistance Scheme: Ministry of Micro,...
- DENMARK DOUBLES AID TO DEMINING IN SRI LANKA
- Rajiv Awas Yojana
- Ancient History
- Poultry Development
- Interesting Facts about India
- Salt Lakes: Importance, Value and Threats
- MINERAL dOSE fROM ChaTTISgarh
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance initiates LifeTime...
- National project for Repair, Renovation and Restor...
- "Bachat Lamp Yojana"
- Indian Refueler Program May Be Rebid
- Army and IAF face off over new war plan
- RIL to decide on Lyondell bid today: Sources
- India toughens stand on climate, walks out along w...
- Maharashtra--MPSC SPECIAL
- dOSE--Medieval History of India
- a LUK aT THE GOVT ScHEMES
- Dose--The ChALUKYAS
- Dose-- Miscellaneous Geography
- India's cement industry weathers downturn
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT (NIRD)
- For Previous Years PSC Question papers
- dOSE --(Vijaynagar Empire)
- rECENT MOUs
- Navy to build four amphibious warships
- RAJIV GANDHI GRAMEEN VIDYUTIKARAN YOJANA AT A GLA...
- Books written by Pranab Mukherjee
- Robert Dahl
- Human relations management theory
- dOSE (dEFENCE aRENA cURRENTLY)
- dOSE -- pHYSICS
- India lose 3-6 to Pak in Champions hockey semis
- Charge density
- ▼ December (131)