1. Which is the oldest Satellite orbiting the earth?
2. What is the common name of the Galaxy we inhabit?
3. Where is the ‘Sea of Showers’?
4. Which is the only day named after a planet?
5. Who is considered to be the ‘Father of Modern astronomy’?
6. Which is the only clockwise-rotating planet?
7. Which constellation represents a hunter with a Club and Shield?
8. What is the outer Layer of the earth’s atmosphere called?
9. Who invented the first Astronomical Telescope and when was it invented?
10. What is the collective name given to the Sun and the group of bodies which revolve around it?
11. What is a Supernova?
12. A comet named after a British astronomer appears at an interval of 76 years. Name the Comet and the year when it last appeared.
13. What is Ursa Minor?
14. 1. What is the name for the scientific study of heavenly bodies?
2. What Science deals with the structure of the Universe and its origin?
15. Who were the authors of these Classic “Space” stories?
1. “From the Earth to the Moon”
2. “The First Man on the Moon”
16. What is the correct term for a Shooting Star?
17. What is a Nebula?
18. Where is the ‘Sea of Tranquility’?
19. Who propounded the theory that ‘the Earth revolves round the Sun’?
20. What are the four elements according to the ancient Greeks?
1. The Moon
2. The Milky Way
3. The Moon
5. Nicolas Copernicus
8. The Stratosphere
9. Galileo, in 1609
10. The Solar System
11. The explosion of a dying star
12. Halley’s Comet, named after Sir Edmund Halley. It last appeared in 1986.
13. A group of stars in the Northern Hemisphere, meaning “The Little Bear”.
14. (1) Astronomy, (2) Cosmology
15. (1) Jules Verne, (2) H.G. Wells
16. A Meteor
17. Nebulae are large clouds of dust and gas in space
18. The moon
19. Aristarchus, in 290 B.C.
20. Earth, Air, Fire and Water
- ► 2015 (40)
- ► 2014 (83)
- ► 2013 (220)
- ► 2012 (76)
- ► 2011 (140)
- ► 2010 (525)
- India and Denmark sign MoU on Labour Mobility Part...
- India Releases Guidelines for Sustaining the Himal...
- Gram Nyayalaya Act 2008 to come into effect from O...
- Govt plans to set up 4 spy schools
- Committee watch
- Hmm watch this
- Hmm watch this
- Sunday Dhamaka (Watch inspirational videos)
- MUST watch
- Chronology of Ancient Indian History
- Some Appointments this year
- How to read newspaper
- guide to G-20 communique
- IAF Inducts Rapid Action Mobile Medical Hospital
- Pharma exports up by 29% in 2008-09
- Target of 80 lakh tonne additional foodgrains fixe...
- National Mission on Monuments and Antiquities and ...
- Ms. K. Sujatha Rao to be Secretary Health & Family...
- Habitable moons 'could to be spotted by 2014
- Full Text of PM’s Remarks at the G-20 Meeting at P...
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Awards 2009 announced
- CONSTITUTION OF INDIA
- GK bits
- special - Maoists: We control 5,000 villages
- Indian Geography useful notes
- Trial of INA
- Sign akin to Indus Valley found in Kerala
- The ABC of N-subs
- Chronology of Modern Indian History
- Fundamental rights which are involved in the issue...
- General knowledge quiz (25 Q)
- Bhadant Anand Kauslayayan (Personality watch)
- IFS (origin,whereabouts,then,now)
- News Watch (with NDTV)
- रमेश कुमार ने इतिहास रचा
- परमाणु अप्रसार पर प्रस्ताव पारित
- Haier appoints new India head
- mjunction launches coal spot price index
- 13 Indian firms make it to the Forbes Asia list
- New INS chief
- Indian payload helped M3 detect water
- China regains FIBA-Asia title
- भारत ने बनाया नया परमाणु संयंत्र
- एड्स के ख़िलाफ़ अहम सफलता
- The Gas Authority of India Ltd(GAIL)
- What is 3G ?
- Interview Questions which may be asked in 2009
- Scientist Watch
- GS sample paper
- Year of India in Russia
- First meeting of the National Social Security Boar...
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace & ...
- Greenland, Antarctica ice melt worsening, confirms...
- PSLV-C14 Launch
- Ministry plans 5,000 rural courts
- In stunning upset victory, woman to head UNESCO
- 7 In One Go
- भारत को विश्व बैंक से कर्ज़ मिला
- Geography bits
- Indian (Introduction):
- Nuclear Power and India
- Who's Who
- Gk Watch
- Latest Whos Who in World Organizations
- List of presidents of the party
- Black Hole of Calcutta
- World War II and “Quit India” (from Gandhiji's poi...
- Ghadar Movement
- Image by khalampre via Flickr Norman Borlaug Nor...
- Komagata Maru
- Famous Mughal Monuments in India
- Fabian Society
- Banana republic
- Press Conference by FS on PM’s visit to Pittsburgh...
- India-Belarus bilateral RELATION
- Lok Adalat
- Award Watch
- 150 years of Indian Telecommunication
- Game watch
- Book Watch
- Archaeological Survey of India and its latest exca...
- Rural-Urban Fringe
- Extension of the term of the Thirteenth Finance Co...
- Vice President Releases the Book “The Other India:...
- Mamata Banerjee flags off Sealdah - New Delhi firs...
- Shakti', `Sakhi' to save women
- Do You Know Your ABC's of Vitamins & Minerals?
- Monument watch
- Scientists devise wire-free heart pump
- 1ST ROCKY EXTRASOLAR PLANET FOUND
- New Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama
- India Paramilitary Forces
- RGGVY – lighting up rural areas
- MCA21 e-Governance Project
- Sowa-Rigpa : Amendment of the Indian Medicine Cent...
- Expert Committee to review the Motor Vehicle Act, ...
- Australia in list of countries with high carbon em...
- U.S. approves four vaccines for Influenza A(H1N1)
- ▼ September (289)