Write a short note on the Chauri Chaura incident.
Chauri Chaura is a small village in the Gorakhpur district of Uttar Pradesh. On 5 February 1922, the police stationed there fired at a group of demonstrators. The demonstrators retaliated by burning down the police station, which caused the death of twenty-two policemen.
Gandhiji had all through the movement emphasized on peace and non-violence. This incident, deeply hurt him and he called off the movement. On 10 March 1922, he was arrested and sentenced to six years imprisonment.
The national movement during the years AD 1905-1922 turned into a popular movement largely due to the efforts of Gandhiji. In the following years, he was the person who symbolized the attempts of the Indians to secure freedom from British rule.
Home » Chauri Chaura » modern history » Non Cooperation Movement » Chauri Chaura incident and Gandhi !
Friday, March 2, 2012
- ► 2015 (40)
- ► 2014 (83)
- ► 2013 (220)
- Home Rule Movement (Hand Written)
- Regulation of Factor (Assignment of Receivables) B...
- Export-Import Bank of India (Amendment) Bill, 2011...
- National Policy on Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic...
- Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement ...
- OUR various fanpages for different PSCs
- A date of Modern Science with Ancient India !!!
- Understanding the existence of River Saraswati ......
- Chauri Chaura incident and Gandhi !
- The government of India Act 1919
- Indus valley language and script (Ancient history)...
- Revolutionary Activities during the freedom strugg...
- Various Awards and Fellowships given by Ministry o...
- Bilateral investment treaties (BITs)
- ▼ March (14)
- ► 2011 (140)
- ► 2010 (525)