- Sloth is a strange animal which spends its entire life hanging upside down from the branches of the trees.
- Cheetah is the fastest running animal.
- The eyes of a giant squid are very strange. They measure 40 cm across. These creatures live in dark and gloomy conditions, that is why, they have big eyes to see clearly in poor visible conditions.
- Sea horse has strange eyes, by which it can focus in two different directions at the same time.
- Whale shark measures 18 metre. It is the world's biggest fish.
- Porpoise is so intelligent sea animal that it can copy many actions of humans. It can imitate the voice of a man and even laugh.
- Musk is obtained from the gland of an animal called musk deer.
- Cuttle fish has three hearts.
- Cow has four stomachs.
- Lemmings are strange animals. When their number in an area increases beyond a certain limit, they jump into the sea and commit suicide.
- Kangaroo rat can survive over its life without drinking water. It meets its requirements of water by eating the roots of some desert plants.
- Gastric frog of Australia gives birth to its young ones through its mouth.
- A butterfly has 12,000 eyes.
- Botfly can fly at the speed of 818 miles per hour, faster than a jet plane.
- Dolphines sleep with one of its eyes open.
- If gold fish is left in a dark room for a long time, it turns white.
- An earthworm can pull ten times its own weight.
- A silkworm has eleven brains.
- The colour of milk of Himalayan yak is pink.
- Snails can sleep for 3 to 4 year's continuously.
- Some insects can live about a year after their heads have been separated.
- A small porcupine can kill a grown up lion.
- When a hippopotamus gets excited, its sweat becomes red.
- Pearl is made by a sea creature called oyster inside its body.
- A lizard can escape after leaving its tail behind. After sometime, the tail regenerates.
- The queen of the black garden ant feeds partly on its own wing muscles.
- Insect blood has no colour. If any insects has red blood, it will be the blood of another animal on which it is feeding.
- In a sandstorm a camel can close its nose.
- Electric eel can produce electricity, which is sufficient to light up ten bulbs. Its surface potential can measure up to 500 volts (D.C.) and is sufficient to kill any swimmer who touches it.
Saturday, April 24, 2010
- ► 2015 (40)
- ► 2014 (83)
- ► 2013 (220)
- ► 2012 (76)
- ► 2011 (140)
- Some Fascinating facts about Animals! (Miscellaneo...
- FRBM ACT, 2003
- Civil Lines
- Magistrates in INDIA
- <!-- AddThis Button BEGIN --> <!-- AddThis Button...
- ECONOMIC: GLOSSARY
- Cricket World Cups
- 11-digit mobile numbers soon?
- India ups the ante on China
- A page from HIstorTY
- List Caves in India
- National Flowers by Country
- Quick Fact Sheet : Vedic Civilization in India
- Indus Water Treaty
- Op White Floods and Dairy Reforms
- ▼ April (16)