Key points ----
- The theme of the summit is ‘ASEAN-India Partnership for Peace and Shared Prosperity’.+
- India is hosting the ASEAN-India Commemorative Summit in New Delhi on December 20-21, 2012.
- India’s "Look East Policy"
- India is planning a number of G-2-G activities and P-2-P initiatives in consultation with ASEAN capitals in the run up to the summit during the Commemorative year.
- Two flagship events being organized as part of the commemorative year events are the ASEAN Shipping Expedition of INS Sudarshini and the 2nd ASEAN-India Car Rally.
- The INS Sudarshini Shipping Expedition proposed to take place from 15 September 2012 to 26 March 2013 would trace the ancient trade route along the monsoon wind and is conceptualized to highlight India's maritime linkages with South East Asia and emphasize connectivity and networking between people of the region. The Shipping Expedition of INS Sudarshini would be flagged-off from Kochi, and would call on ports in nine ASEAN countries. Various "Marker” events - B2B events by FICCI and ICC, Kolkata and cultural events by ICCR - are being organized at various ports of call.
- The 2nd edition of the ASEAN-India Car Rally 2012 expected to take place from November 26 to December 16, 2012 would be flagged-off from Yogjakarta, Indonesia. After passing through several capitals and cultural and commercial centres, having covered a distance of 7448 kms over 19 days, the Rally would be flagged-down at Guwahati on December 17, 2012. The rally would be received by the Leaders of ASEAN and India in New Delhi on December 20, 2012, at the ASEAN-India Commemorative Summit. "Marker” events, including business seminars, tourism road-shows, cultural performances, etc. are also being organized along the route of the Car Rally by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Tourism and ICCR.